A stitchers case
While at the Creative Crafts Show a couple of weeks ago, I bought myself this chart "New Love' from Blackbird Designs, as I have liked it for some time and had never got round to ordering it from the US. As soon as I had bought it I was getting the inspiration of an idea brewing for how I might like to finish it, so sorry to anyone who I didn't pay attention to, whilst I was thinking and planning ;-)
As you may have known it has now been made into a 'small' by me, this picture below shows the front of the case shut with its corded tie around, it does also have a vintage button fastening. I made just a few changes which were, I stitched the 2/2 initial areas using a Merry Cox alphabet I have but did it full 1/1 crosses instead of tent stitch and personalised it in the ways you can see.
For the inside I have used a hand-dyed Silk Noli which I bought on that same day from Kates Kloths as the colour toned in so well with the colour GAST used for the stitching. Because the finished size would be bigger than a standard needlecase , I knew I wanted to do a bit more with it...the question to myself was what? I love pockets so that was a must and I wanted a gathered one as I like how they look, so this was a start :-) Next, I wanted to store some scissors but so they were still visible, so I have used silk ribbon in a toning shade and made a small silk covered ring for the pointy ends to sit in and another piece of ribbon to tie around the handles. So far so good...for the top area I have covered another larger ring with silk ribbon, that could hold some thread but I will leave it off as I think it looks pretty without :-) The next thing was a pincushion which I have made mattress style and inserted pins into the edges.
These next pictures are for a better view of the details inside if you click the pictures they all go huge.
For the back I used the alphabet and numbers as charted and I have made cording from a toning DMC and used that all the way around the case. I have done all the finishing by hand sewing it together and am pleased with how it has turned out :-))
I have made a small start on my MC Shaker Spool Holder but got side tracked by doing this case and I am also signed up for 4 exchanges on the SBEBB and have made a start on my Christmas Ornament Exchange as that is to be posted first. So for a little while I will have a bit of secret stitching to do ;-) All will be revealed from that in due course and I think I may just start the MC SSH fresh in the New Year if I find I don't have time to fit it in before then. Christmas will be here before we know it and I do really want to do a couple of stitched gifts if I can find time :-))
Have a great week everyone and once again a big 'Thank-you' for the comments you take the time to leave for me!!