***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 28 November 2006

To get in the mood!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Because...



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I thought I would remind you all who is coming soon ;-) I hope I didn't hear any groans?...Are you all feeling Christmassy?? I'm not there quite yet but will be soon as I will start and decorate my blog and house maybe this coming weekend :-)) I had also better do some Christmas shopping before there is nothing left...there is still plenty of time though, isn't there?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whilst I am still doing secret stitching I thought I would show you this picture that I must have stitched about 9 years ago for the first Christmas in our house. It is from the St.Nick Folio by Shepherds Bush. I stitched it on 32ct that has a silver lurex thread through the weave so it sparkles!! I really love the buttons on this, it does also have white beads on it but my pictures are a bit rubbish and I couldn't decide which was the better one so have put them both on ;-) I framed it myself as you can probably tell!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am nearly finished with my secret stitching for the exchanges and now only have the Valentine one left to do. I am really looking forward to stitching that one and have very much enjoyed doing the stitching for the other 3 exchanges. I only have one to post this side of Christmas but wanted to do them all early so I could take my time....correction.... to make sure I did actually have the time, as it has taken me nearly 3 weeks of the time I have, to do what I have done, if that makes sense...lol
Now I have some finishing to do but I really enjoy that part. I think my plans for any Christmas stitched gifts will not happen, I will have to see, but if I do any I will have nothing much stitch - wise to put on my blog until January as it would be a secret. Then again, I am sure to find something else for the blog as I will put some pictures on of my tree and decorations when I have them done ;-) plus anything else I can think of :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Have a lovely week and I will be back in a week or so and hope to catch up with all your blogs and my emails and all the other things I am supposed to be doing. That should happen towards the end of the week and I really don't mean to be neglecting anybody in the mean time :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

17 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Groaning? Me? LOL! I wish I could stitch with my toes, though!

8:21 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

Your Christmas picture is just lovely. I've been getting Christmas cards, so I'm getting in the mood!

9:24 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

That Shepherd’s Bush design is adorable, the buttons are great :) I am excited for Christmas this year, the ornaments, the gathering of family and friends, the pine smell… it just makes a girl happy.

10:52 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Good to hear from you again! I love that little SB piece! Yep, just about getting ready to accept that Christmas is coming. DH wants to buy the tree this weekend. He has to wait until I am home - the darned trees just don't fit in his Corvette - LOL!

4:31 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm definitely looking forwards to Christmas, although I won't be accomplishing too much Christmas stitching. But there's always next year....;-D

11:32 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Your Shepherd's Bush Christmas picture is really pretty. I know it is supposed to be getting close, but I don't feel Christmassy yet either. Where I live it is warm but we have real cold weather coming in tonight so maybe it will feel more like it in the coming days. I am working on this lighthouse project for my MIL for Christmas though. The holidays will be here before we know it!

Debby

4:50 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely piece Helen.

Am I right in thinking that your blog name used to be Homespun Elegance? I'm sure that is what I have saved on my computer.

2:48 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Finished my shopping - na na na na na!! LOL!!!

Hopefully Mark will get the decs from the loft whilst I'm away this weekend for me to start putting up on Sunday when I get back.
Love your pictures by the way - have I seen this piece???

4:19 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a sweet Christmas piece. As always your presentation is amazing.
Margaret

5:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your piece of Santa's coming to town, it's adorable.

12:06 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh what lovely things! See you in a bit!

4:35 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Very sweet, Helen! I love your vintage-looking Christmas decorations, too. Tell that sweet daughter of yours that we would love to see another post soon!

3:49 am  
Blogger Von said...

I will confess to an inward groan escaping as each day in December passes. I have a hard time keeping up normally, but Christmas just throws me for a loop. But today the kids' tree went up in the family room and they've happily decorated it. Yay!

5:00 am  
Blogger Renee said...

Lovely work Lena-Lou! It's nice to have memories of past years owing to what we made for previous Xmasses. I'm astonished that you're already stitching for valentine. Congratulations from France.

4:43 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi ;-))))
I wanted to say I love all the changes you+me have done.
Your BLOG is a good as mine. I love it as much as mine you-know!

P.S.Have a nice NIGHT!

7:29 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi ;-))
I adoor all of the new things we have put on my blog.

P.S.Have a lovly NIGHT!
Amy-lou

7:32 pm  
Blogger Amy said...

Hello Mum
Did you know you have 15 comments for
Santa coming to town thing.

From your dauter
Amy

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger