***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday 30 October 2006

A joint effort...



When Su my sister was over at my side of the country last weekend she brought several stitched things with her. Some of them were the gifts she had received for her birthday and exchanges and I must say all of them were absolutely beautiful, both the stitching and the finishing :-)) Anyway amongst these items she had a little something stitched by herself. It was the design that you can see above...this is from a chart by Homespun Elegance. Now because it is October and as we all know October is 'Breast Cancer Awareness' month, we thought it would be nice if we did something together to signify the importance of this. Su has stitched on 32ct white linen with a limited edition Vikki Clayton 'pink' silk thread. I have then finished the stitched piece into a pinkeep to be our 'joint effort' to signify the meaning of 'pink' in October. The backing fabric you can see in this picture below is from a limited edition 'Breast Cancer Awareness' range of 'pink' quilt fabrics. My local store did some 'pink' pins for the October month so I used them as well in the finishing.
Hopefully we are all aware that the pretty 'pink' things and the month of October as the official "Breast Cancer Awareness' month do give all us ladies the message to check ourselves every month!!! Put your needles down and 'Go do it', if you do not already!!! You can find much more information at this site and many more.





Another 'joint effort' that is a celebration for me and my DH this month is our Wedding Anniversary. This year we have reached our 10 years anniversary. To celebrate this my Mum stitched us both a lovely Mailart envelope that features a man on bended knee proposing to his sweetheart. This you can see the front of in the picture below :-))





This second picture shows the back of the envelope with a lovely heart in the centre and a mother of pearl heart button. The picture after that shows the fabric it is lined with and the tiny 10 inside a heart, to signify the 10 years anniversary.







The next picture is from my wedding photos in 1996, now I know you cannot see mine or my DH's face very well, he was infact wearing a Kilt, but I have this picture on permanent display. I love this picture as it is in an antique frame from my 'Nanny' Winn and I also love how my Wedding Dress looks on this picture, as I think it made me look like a 'Snowdrop' flower....can you see it too?? I actually tried my dress on the other day when it was our anniversary for my DD to see it for the first time. I am proud to say it did still fasten.....all the way up, but I tell you a secret, it would not have been comfortable to wear for any length of time, such as a full day.....a few minutes was quite enough!! So, yes......lol.....I have put some weight on since that day!! Of course, it is having babies as they alter the line/size of your ribs.....do they not??......lol!!





Happy Halloween to everybody and more importantly 'Happy Stitching'...thank-you all so much for commenting on my blog, it really does make it so worth-while :-))
See you all again in a week or so...take care!!

26 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Congrats on your anniversary and to both you and Su on the lovely pinkeep!

4:59 am  
Blogger Nicki said...

Happy anniversary to you both :) I hope you have a lovely day - 10 years is something special to celebrate!

6:15 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

You had some lovely pictures to show us, Helen. I love your joint effort with Su! As well as the envelope your Mum stitched for you and DH. And, my goodness, you actually fit into this dress? How thin are you!!!

7:21 am  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh, I forgot to say: happy anniversary!

7:22 am  
Blogger Myrna said...

Happy Anniversary!

1:21 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Our joint effort turned out not so bad if I say so myself. Love the envelope mum has made you both, its really lovely. You aren't that much fatter now H, I keep telling you I'm more than willing to share some of my great weight with you LOL!!! - Hugs to you both xx

3:59 pm  
Blogger Karoline said...

Happy Anniversary Helen, the pin keep is lovely. Congratulations to you and Su

4:47 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

what lovely photos in this post, congratulations on your 10th anniversary, best wishes for the years to come :)
Katrina

9:19 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh how lovely everything is in your blog today!! I love your breast cancer awareness project that you and Su did together! It is just beautiful! Your wedding picture is so pretty!! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. My husband and I will have our 10th in May of 2008. You do just the most wonderful finish work on things!! I wish I had your talent on the sewing machine!! Debby

12:39 am  
Blogger catandturtle said...

The pin keep is very pretty and the envelope is cool. I love how those come out. Awesome! Ann.

12:43 am  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely stitching, finishing and what a lovely bride! My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary April 27 of this year...let me say that after 4 children (2 of them twins) I'm rather positive that my wedding dress will not fit at this point...
LOL!
Congratulations!
:o)

11:48 am  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy belated anniversary! Your stitching is so lovely and I enjoy the pics so much!

3:15 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh forgot to tell you! My wedding dress would never fit in a million years! 26+ years has added a lot of weight to me!

3:16 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love your joint effort pinkeep-it's lovely. My Mom is a 5 year breast cancer survivor-so I am especially aware of the pink. Happy Anniversary! I do see the flower in your wedding photo-very pretty. Your Mom is so sweet and talented-she makes some lovely items too.

3:32 pm  
Blogger Glenna said...

The pictures are so beautiful and the needlework is so beautifully done! And yes, you do look like a snowdrop.

3:59 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

The breast pinkeep is beautifully done. Bless your mother's heart for making you the mailart. You are so lucky! Your little fairy stitching is adorable. Congrats on 10yrs!

6:03 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

You and Su, and Veronica too, are such great stitching girlfriends/sisters. I wish my sis would stitch!

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pinkeep is lovely!
Happy anniversary!You both look great on the photo.

12:23 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Happy 10th Anniversary :D A particulary lovely mail art envelope - what a keepsake. Pretty pink pinkeep, too. Enjoy the day ...

2:08 pm  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, Lena-lou, I love what you and Su made together and what it means for all of us. Wonderful, really wonderful.

The picture of you and your DH on your wedding day is lovely. You do look like a flower. Your mother's stitched envelope is something to treasure, as I know you will.

Happy, happy 10th anniversary. And many more to come!!

9:23 pm  
Blogger Von said...

Helen, your wedding picture is delightful. Happy ten years together and wishes for many, many more!

8:25 pm  
Blogger Leeland said...

Happy anniversary, Lena Lou!
Thank you for sharing all these lovely things with us.
Take care!

11:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Your pictures are just lovely and your finishing's beautiful :)

2:04 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Happy anniversary! Your pictures are beautiful. The stitching and finishing is absolutely stunning. :)

2:23 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

happiest of anniversaries (a little late). Ten years is an accomplishment! Your wedding dress was so lovely. you also have a very talented and thoughtful mum - love that pretty mailart!

7:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen,

I stumbled upon your blog and saw a lot of beautiful finishes and you have a beautiful blog.

I hope you don't mind me asking, where did you buy that stitching fairy? I just love her.

Thanks and have a nice day!

3:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger