***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Friday 10 August 2007

Not the only Birthday ;-)



It is going to be mine on this Sunday the 12th, I was messing about hoping this picture would look like an infinity one...not quite but I quite like the strangeness of it anyway LOL a bit no make-up or hair done though ;-)

I have been lucky and have already started getting some birthday gifties from my family, I will start in the order I have received them :)

From my Mum 'Veronica' I had this lovely surprise come in the post a very summery Mail Art that she has stitched from one of the previous issues of De Fil En Auguille, a French design as last year :) This is the front........


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.comAlign Center

Now you can see the lined inside on this one below with my card that I have been really good and not opened yet, I shall wait till Sunday for that :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Next photo shows the lovely stitched back with the little sailboat buttons for closure and decoration. I really love how it is all finished with the gingham ribbon she has stitched all round, it has such a cheerful look to it! My Mum knows I have a fondness for some nautical type things so I really love this and more so because it is from my Mum xxx :-)))


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com


Next up is a rather special surprise...I am in a seasonal exchange (new) group and didn't know who was sending to me, BUT...knowing my birthday is coming up Leena who is going to be my partner for the year, had really wanted to get the exchange under way. Here you can see the gorgeous (my favourite shape) bowl that is the non stitched gift of her exchange to me!! I had a lovely card and these pretty ribbons too. I LOVE it all and feel very touched that Leena took the time to remember I had my day coming up :-)) Thank-you so much again Leena for thinking of me. I am really very delighted you are my partner for the year and I am looking forward to getting to know you from this exchange in the future :-) This is so much more than I could have ever thought for the non stitched part of the exchange from a new friend and I am truly 'bowled' over!! Annnnnd ladies I still have the stitched part to look forward to in the near future...cool or what :-)))




Now I can show you what I have received in the post from my sister Su :) even though she is on holiday this little beauty has arrived for me. It is so dainty IRL , I think she has stitched it on 40ct and I must say her spider roses are total perfection. I know this is an Atalie design as I remember her telling me when she had got it. Now I am the proud owner of this gorgeous Biscornu thank-you Su xxx


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com



Take care everyone and thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week it is all busy busy here but I have been doing some stitching :)

P.S. Just for a bit of my birthday fun for the blog I am doing a little contest :) All you have to do is leave a comment on this posting guessing what age you think I will be on Sunday!


**NB** THERE IS ONLY ONE EXEMPTION TO THE RULES PEOPLE WHO ALREADY DO KNOW MY CORRECT AGE FROM THEIR BIRTHDAY CALENDERS OR A PERSONAL EMAIL IN THE PAST CANNOT ENTER AS THAT WOULD NOT BE FAIR THERE ARE 4 OF YOU, THANK-YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING ;-))


OTHERWISE...Anyone else can enter... regular commenter or not and I will send a small gift to ONE person who guesses correct. In the event of more than one person guessing correctly I shall draw the name. If no-one guesses right then I shall put all the commenters names from this posting in a draw and pick ONE person out to be the winner. The draw will be made on the Thursday 16th August :-))) So join in an have a bit of fun ;-)

41 Comments:

Blogger stitcherw said...

Happy Birthday, your presents are gorgeous. They all are so pretty and had such thought put into them. Happy Birthday to Hamish too, what a cutie.
Sue

2:58 am  
Blogger Marie said...

Happy Birthday Helen!!!

As I have said before, I am so impressed with the talent of your family! Gorgeous work~

Hey, my seasonal exchange partner is Leena~how very sweet of her, lovely bowl and ribbons.

Your age: Younger than me! :-)

6:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts! Happy Birthday to you for Sunday - my DH's is next Sunday. August is a good month for birthdays! :)

8:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat a lovely mail art, congratulations to yout mum

9:34 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Happy early birthday, dear Helen! I'll be away on Sunday so it's better to wish you a good birthday now. :)

You received gorgeous gifts, Su's biscornu is divine!!

Sending hugs and smiles to you - hope you have a wonderful birthday :)

In case I don't manage to email you before we leave - *thank you* so much for your e-card and sweet email!! :) ♥

11:29 am  
Blogger tintocktap said...

Lucky you - such beautiful gifts! Enjoy your day, Helen!

1:28 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love, love, love everything sent here! How sweet! Everything is just gorgeous! Your picture is cool too! So, Happy Birthday!!!!!

Now for your age...hmmm....I'm thinking your my age, so 37?

1:36 pm  
Blogger Hazel said...

Happy Birthday - what lovely gifts. I'm going to guess 33 but I think you look younger than that. xx

2:56 pm  
Blogger TeresaB said...

You've received some lovely gifts already! I'm always in awe of the mail art and the one your mom made for you is adorable.

Hmmm, well my age guess is 35. I think you're younger then me, but not sure by how much. Wishing you a very happy birthday and many more!

3:14 pm  
Blogger staci said...

What beautiful presents to treasure! I'm going to guess 30 ?:) And a very Happy Birthday to You!!!

3:36 pm  
Blogger Lennu said...

I'm happy that you like the bowl :) The mailart is SO beautiful! It's wonderful to receive mailart, isn't it. Your mum has done great job with it. The biscornu is beautiful, your sister is really talented.

3:45 pm  
Blogger Jackie in UK said...

Hi Helen,

Lovely gifts, aren't they? I visit you and Su and Karen V most days in the hope of seeing an update to your blogs....maybe that's why my blog doesn't get updated as often as it should? LOL. I have absolutely NO idea how old you are....much younger than me (I'm the dreaded 50)....so I'll pick a figure out the air....... 36....is that okay? I hope you don't turn out to be 25, that would be awful to have us all saying older! ;-)

Happy Birthday!

Jackie xx

3:53 pm  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Not at all Jackie I would just laugh it is only a photo anyway :-))

4:27 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

An early Happy Birthday wish to you Helen! Hope you have a very nice day that will hold special memories. And, my guess is that you will be 34.

Such a lovely mailart from your mother. I also have a fondness for nautical designs. The biscournu from your sister is gorgeous! And, what a beautiful heart bowl. Your family and friends must consider you a real treasure!

Nancy

4:31 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

What gorgeous gifties!!! You deserve them, enjoy! Gosh, I have no true idea about your age.... I know Amy is what... 8 soon? Your son is about 3?? OK, so you are still young! I can figure that! LOL! My guess then is 32 :-) Purely a guess!

5:37 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Happy, happy birthday to you!

7:01 pm  
Blogger sammyjo said...

happy birthday for sunday the prezies are lovely your very lucky lol

7:19 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

The mail art from your Mum and the biscornu from Su are beautiful.

Hmm you must be a lot younger than me so I will guess 32. Happy Birthday for Sunday. I hope you have a wonderful day:)

7:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh gosh!
never can resist a challenge! - but all my guesses have gone ;)
38???
hope you have a lovely birthday - i shall be thinking of you on sunday - i shall be driving up to northumberland for my hols
love rosy x
ps i have not left a message before but i often look at your blog as it is sooo pretty

7:48 pm  
Blogger ♥ Sari ♥ said...

Congrats on your birthday! Well, I have absolutely no idea how old you are so I'll just have a guess and say you are 29. :)

8:23 pm  
Blogger Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to you :) You have received some very nice gifts.

I really have no idea what to guess for your age! You do look very young...I'll throw out a number that I don't think anyone has guessed yet...33.

11:41 pm  
Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Happy birthday for Sunday!

If I tell your mum when my birthday is, do you think she'll stitch me one of those mail art envelopes? I love it, and it fits in with the nautical theme that I'm looking for these days.

The bowl is gorgeous!

I'm going to guess your age at 31. Only because I know you have an 8 year old daughter. You don't look it, but what a fun competition!

2:42 am  
Blogger Katrina said...

I am going to guess 35! Love all the pics. Happy birthday to you and Hamish. He's adorable.

3:39 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh Helen - your birthday! I need a personal secretary!

Make it a super special day, because you are most certainly a remarkably special person. I'll be thinking of you!

Thank you for your kindness and support - I hope all your goodness is returned to you tenfold in the next year!!!

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know your sister is a bit older than me, but I'm not sure how close in age you are to her. I'm going to say you are about 40, as I'm only going by that info not by how you look. ; )
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Your Hamish is a cute pooch.

9:19 pm  
Blogger Carla said...

Happy Birthday Helen!!
mmm...let's see...I'm guessing you are... 38??

11:40 pm  
Blogger Crazee4books said...

Happy birthday Helen. But of course you couldn't possibly be a day over 25. I know I'm right.

Your little Hamish is adorable, but looks like a little bit of mischief. It's those black button eyes.

I've enjoyed seeing your finishes and your b-day presents. Who started stitching first in your family??

Cheers. Judy

2:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you are turning 32. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Thanks for a great draw!

3:14 am  
Blogger Anita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gorgeous gifts! Happy Birthday to you! What fun having a contest-lets see- I guess about 37.

5:22 am  
Blogger Patricia Lessell said...

Oh Well you can't blame me for trying I would do almost anything for one of your amazing stitched pieces! I especially love the mailart from your mother and the biscornu from Su!

Nobody would every guess that you are really 50 or was it 19 now would they? I mean I was only 3 when I had my first child!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Lots of love

Patti xxx

12:40 pm  
Blogger Judith said...

Happy Birthday I am guessing 34.

2:59 pm  
Blogger NIKY said...

Happy birthday Helen, I guess you're about 35, I can realized that from the picture on your blog, I mean the one that appears everytime I get one of your comments...so have a nice day dear.

5:10 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

Happy Birthday Helen! I always enjoy visiting your blog. The mail art your mom did for you is soo nice! The bowl is beautiful! I'm sure you will treasure it.

I'm going to guess that you are 31 .. whatever your age, I hope you enjoy your day!

6:39 pm  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Happy (belated) birthday Helen. You have received such beautiful gifts. Maybe 35?

6:29 pm  
Blogger Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Helen! I'm going to guess at 37, only because I haven't seen that one guessed at yet!!

7:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a pretty Mailart and Happy Birthday!

I have no idea so I guess 33, although you look to be in your 20's in that picture!

8:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice envelop and biscornu you received !
Happy birthday ! I don't know your age at all !?! 36 ?

9:08 pm  
Blogger IsaB said...

Well well well... I am late, sorry! I 've got a good excuse: I was in hospital with a kind of broken ankle (in fact the Achilles'"thing" was cut and resewn)

Happy Birthday anyway with delay! You were right mine is today (37)...

I think all your visitors have tried the 30s. I would say 33...though the picture might not be recent so impossible to tell exactly!

9:16 am  
Blogger nela said...

HUrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa llegoooooooo.....
Si hubiese sabido era tu cumplaños hubiese envaido un regalo... lo siento...
Feliz cumpleaños.....
Besos a Amy...

2:48 am  
Blogger MARIA PILAR DE DIEGO SANCHEZ said...

Muy fino y bonito. Felicidades(piluqui amiga de Nela)

2:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger