This is from a french chart I have had lurking in the 'to do for DD one day' pile..... I have stitched it on a lilac gingham linen that I think is 32ct with Needle Necessities overdyed thread (2 strands over 2 ). It is a gift for my 7yr old DD who has chosen the colours (not really my taste) herself. I just did as I was told !
This was the first time I have finished something with a Pinkeep/Ornament type of finish ... a practice run shall we say for when I do a 'real' one. I think it is has come out pretty well for my first try. I used a beaded edging which I stitched on, instead of pins to keep the fun element also for safety. I attached a ribbon so it can be a hanging ornie.
This would look lovely (much better if I dare say ) done 1/1 on a fine count antique white linen with the redwork red colour silk , I will do that if I ever stitch this again.
It was a bit boring to do and it actually took me a bit (a lot) longer to stitch than I had first thought. BUT it's surprising just how many crosses there are on this piece!! I really liked doing the finishing though :-))
Have a good week...back soon :-)