***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wednesday 20 September 2006

Birthday Fairy

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingI heard from a Birthday Fairy that she wanted to send me a birthday treat and sure enough an envelope arrived from the US yesterday. I sat with my cup of tea and opened the envelope, inside was a lovely gift, that was so me. I got these things which are, some lovely 28ct evenweave in a beautiful colour of muted pinks and greens called Rhaspody and a Shepherd's Bush kit called 'Sweet Heart'. I am absolutely delighted as not only did the fairy choose a kit by my favourite designers Shepherd's Bush but.....it is also a Heart another favourite.
Now this fairy knows I don't have much stitching time at the moment, so the size of this design was just perfect as well. Another perfect aspect to receiving this kit is, I bought a lovely frame a few weeks ago and had not found a design the right size or style to go into it and I knew as soon as looking at this it would be just right.
Now and most important the very kind and very lovely lady who was my Birthday Fairy is... Carol... from Garden of Stitches who has bowled me over with her thoughtfulness and sprinkling Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting fairy dust of happiness across the world :-)))))



The kit and fabric from Carol




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNow to show Carol just how much I love the kit she sent me, I have stitched it (Yes, straight away) and not only have I stitched it...I have framed it myself in the frame I had just waiting for something lovely to go init. I really love how it looks all finished and hope you do too Carol. THANK-YOU again, so very much for being so nice to me (((((Hug))))) from me to you for really making my day!!! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The kit stitched and framed by me


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingSeen as this is a bit of a birthday posting do you remember the cake picture I somehow lost??? Well I have found it and am proud to show you... ta da ...my cake :-)


My cake


Have a lovely week everyone :-)

21 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Aw, you fast stitcher you!! Glad you like the gifts, and it was pleasure to send them to you! It is simply stunning in that frame too!!

9:51 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

What beautiful gifts :) Carol is wonderful! And it looks so lovely stitched and in that frame. Perfect :)

11:08 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

Love the frame (hint hint) your wonderful gift from Carol looks perfect in it, what a lovely surprise and its ever so you too. Love how you've taken the photo of the finish, very artistic xx

11:24 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Oh Helen I just love your Shepherd's Bush Heart!! Carol is so sweet to do this for you! I am stitching on the scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush. You are much faster than I am!! This little heart is so pretty and you did a fantastic job stitching and framing it as well! Oh how I wish I had known that Shepherd's Bush was only about 125 miles from where I used to live in Idaho. I never even heard of them until I got on the web and lived in Texas. Oh well, I can always order things online! Debby

4:02 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Carol is just so sweet!! And you must have turbo needles to get that lovely kit all stitched up and framed - what a wonderful way to say 'thank you'!!

8:12 am  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Blogger wouldn't let me comment yesterday! That is such a sweet gesture from Carol and I don't think you could have thanked her better than by stitching the kit right away! It's very pretty! :)

9:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Clever you! Lucky you!

1:46 pm  
Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Don't you just love surprises in the mail? I got one from a wish fairy a little bit ago and so enjoyed opening and enjoying my surprise. Enjoy it, you deserve it. Hugs!

4:00 pm  
Blogger Leeland said...

Awesome stitching and framing! Carol must be very happy to see how much she pleased you!
I also wanted to thank you for your kind words on my blog, and a particular thanks for your very kind opinion on my English... lol!
Lots of hugs!

10:24 pm  
Blogger Concetta said...

That's absolutely beautiful! And Carol is a sweetie!!

10:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty piece, and that frame!! Gorgeous and just perfect for the piece. Carol is a doll when it comes to sharing and giving.

3:50 pm  
Blogger Meari said...

It's a lovely piece and a very pretty frame. :)

8:39 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

You must have felt very special to receive such a lovely present in the post.

Even more than the way you finish your stitching, I love the way you stage your photo - visiting your blog is alway a pleasure. x

4:49 pm  
Blogger Rachel V said...

How sweet! Sweet friend, sweet design, sweet stitching, sweet frame. :)

5:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Helen. It's stitched up nicely and looks perfect in that frame. Love your cake too.

10:29 am  
Blogger Cathy B said...

How nice of Carol! What a perfect gift for you. The finished design in the frame looks great!

2:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB hearts are really lovely! enjoy your present!

2:08 pm  
Blogger Von said...

You sure jumped on that one and finished it fast! And no wonder when I see how sweet it is in that adorable frame!! Carol is such an extraordinary friend and stitcher! :D

Your cake was amazing too! Wishing you the best year ever. :D

6:09 am  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Thank you for stopping in at my blog!! I have missed you here. I started the SAL as some of the others have also, but have yet to post to it. Thank you for your comments! I really have become a rotation stitcher haven't I? :)) This project is pretty big too, but watching others will inspire me. It should be really fun!!

Debby

8:27 pm  
Blogger Lelia said...

Go Carol! Nice job on the SB kit. Lovely cake -- belated birthday wishes to you.

2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so lovely chart. Kisses

5:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger