***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 17 June 2008

Popping in to blogland .....


Photobucket


...... to say a big hello to you all . I have really missed you this past couple of months !! I am so sorry to say but for now this is only going to be a quick in and out !
We are doing a lot of work in our home, inside we ( we = me and my Dad helping me) have totally stripped the old wooden floor downstairs right back. It is gorgeous, gorgeous now but oh boy !! unless you have done this you do not realise the mess it makes and work it creates !! I have not even been connected on-line for quite a while!! It is quite an old house I live in, full of character, still LOL some things have got beyond 'full of character' and have to be renovated before they literally drop out onto the floor (a couple of windows) !! So, next thing is to get all our windows and outside doors replaced, then I am having our hall, stairs and landings all re-plasted and really fancy to renovate the staircase back to wood........ yep you got it LOL I am doing loads of house things which turn out to be wonderful but create SO MUCH mess on the way !! We have had a family holiday in West Wales since I was last here and I was so glad of that as I was fair worn out ! Maybe some-time I will get the time to tell you about it and show some pictures :-))


However enough of that :)) the main reason for this post is........ it is my great pleasure to call in to share with you this latest , lovely exchange that Leena has sent to me. This time for 'Spring' I have received this cute Bunny pillow 'Happy Bunny Bunny Day' by The Trilogy. As usual I am totally delighted with Leenas choice and the quality of her work, she really is a master of the needle and I hope you can all see the neatness and quality of her work?? If not then you just have to take my word for it ;-)) I wondered for a moment or two if this was actually my favourite of the four 'Seasonal Exchanges' that Leena has made me ! Then when I see them all together I know I love each one as much as the next and will always treasure them :-))) Yes, I have been lucky to have such a lovely lady as my partner for this past year.



Photobucket


Not only was I lucky enough to receive beautiful stitching I also received other wonderful gifts one of my favourites is this pretty special wee Bunny ornament that you can see above, created by a Finnish artist. I have really fell in love with this too and it lives in my bedroom. So simple but so prettily elegant and dainty :-)) Here you can see both of my Finnish bunnies together posing for thie Spring-time picture ;-)) Lucky girl aint I :-))) Thank-you so so much again Leena for making this a beautiful year in stitches, I feel quite sad it is the last one , I shall miss you being my partner xxx



Photobucket


My exchange for Spring (the last one here too) is on its way to Claudia in Italy so I guess I will try to be back when it arrives , the post is slow to Italy from England so it could be a little while ;-)

Normal life may be resumed - hopefully after the summer and I won't seem like the worst blogging friend ever once I have the chance to start checking in on you all again. I just dare not at the moment as that will be it, it will eat all my time up again before I know it ;-))) I am sure when there is a bit less going on here - demanding my time and attention that I shall get the urge to put my creativity back into stitchy things instead of House Design. I certainly hope so as I have been buying some stunning new stash but hush for now I am focused on my home :-)))

Take care, have sunny days and happy stitches until the next time and thanks if anybody still passes by ? :)

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see you posting, Helen! You've been missed, that's for sure, but it sounds like you've been busy.

What lovely gifts from Leena! Thanks for sharing!

4:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gifts you receive are beautiful.
Good luck for your works. In a house there is always something to do especially in an old house.

7:25 am  
Blogger Lennu said...

I was so happy to hear that you like the pillow :) It's been my joy and pleasure to stitch for you this year and I'll miss that too!!

11:14 am  
Blogger Sally said...

Beautiful gifts Helen:)

11:20 am  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Great to hear from you, Helen! I love the bunny that Leena sent you. :D Wish I could see those gorgeous floors!

11:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to hear from you :)
Leena did a wonderful work, lucky girl !
hugs, Eva

11:27 am  
Blogger Wendy said...

I have experienced the joys of floor stripping, what a mess, but really so worthwhile. Good luck with all your house renovations! And great bunny pillow!!

12:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see a post from you Helen :) I love the pillow from Leena and the bunny is very sweet.

1:59 pm  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Helen! I take a stroll through the neighborhood once a day to see if you're here! It's so good to hear from you again.

The bunny pillow is gorgeous! The stitching is done so pretty, and what a wonderful finishing for this piece. Lovely little bunny ornament too.

As for the renovating, believe me, I can more than sympathize with you! I have lived in it and through it more than I would like to admit! Enjoy the end result.

3:02 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a lovely exchange from Leena. I can well imagine that you are sorry to see this exchange come to an end.

Good luck with all your renovations. It sounds to me like you are enjoying this journey with your father. Knowing you, the end result will be perfect.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

What a gorgeous gift! Leena does the prettiest pieces.

We are getting ready to remodel our basement. I know I will love the end result but I don't care for the chaos in between :-).

6:22 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

What a gorgeous gift! Leena does the prettiest pieces.

We are getting ready to remodel our basement. I know I will love the end result but I don't care for the chaos in between :-).

6:23 pm  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Helen it is lovely to see you again!! We have not forgotten you that is for sure! Your home must be so lovely and your gift exchange is just gorgeous! I haven't been on as much due to things happening here too but hope to get more stitching to post soon. Take care and I hope to see you soon!

Hugs
Debby

1:28 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Helen, how nice to see your post! Glad to know all is well with you-though you are busy! Your spring exchange is gorgeous! Leena does such amazing finishes. Take care!

3:48 pm  
Blogger Susimac said...

What a lovely exchange from Leenu, its very pretty.

10:48 pm  
Blogger Nicki said...

Lovely to see you posting Helen - I've missed you! What a gorgeous exchange you received - the pillow is beautiful and I love the little bunny too - such a lovely shape and little eye :)

Hope the house renovations go well. I bet it looks beautiful. We have stripped original floorboards and they are well worth it! :)

9:59 am  
Blogger Carol said...

A big hello to you too! What a lovely treat from Leena!

5:16 pm  
Blogger Marie said...

What a wonderful exchange from Leena!
So, you were lost in the world of home repair. I have been there a few times over. Godd luck with all of your projects.

1:47 am  
Blogger Carla said...

What a beautiful piece!!!

4:15 pm  
Blogger Jackie in UK said...

What lovely gifts Helen! Wow, you sound very busy, but all the mess will be worth the lovely end result! :-)

Jackie x

6:30 pm  
Blogger staci said...

Was wondering how you've been! A really beautiful exchange...both bunnies are darling!

Have fun with all the work to your house, lol...it's always worth it in the end. And I'll look forward to seeing what other things your hands create!!!

11:35 pm  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Helen hi again,
It's so nice to see a post from you. it sounds as if you are up to your ears in renovating but old houses are really very special :>) It will look fab when it's done.


What a great seasonal exchange you've been involved in. I love this little bunny from Lenna. It's been in my stash for ages, seeing it looking so pretty has spurred me on to do it :>) It's so bouncy and Spring like. The finishing is just amazing and the little bunny sent with it icouldn't be sweeter.
Hugs Angela.

8:57 am  
Blogger Rachel V said...

What a beautiful gift, Helen! Good luck on your many home renovations - sounds like quite the project, and I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

2:05 pm  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I love what Leena has stitched for you, it's so gorgeous. And that bunny ornament is just lovely! Best of luck with your DIY, and look forward to your return soon :)

8:44 pm  
Blogger Von said...

It's wonderful to read an update from you, Helen! Once you're finished with all your reno work, you'll feel very accomplished and satisfied that your home is so beautiful. Then you'll feel like you can pick up your needles once again, and visit your blog friends too.

Perhaps you could post a few pics of your reno work? I would love to see what's been occupying you all this time. :D

7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bunny pillow is so nice ! What a great gift you received. Happy to read you on your blog :-)

6:49 pm  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Tanya

11:28 pm  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oooooh, love the exchange!!!! That must have made your day(s)!

Hope your house is still standing :o) Give my love to Amy!

7:40 am  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

Lenna's gifts are lovely thank you for sharing them with us. Good luck with the house renovations. CJ

1:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such beautiful gifts and lovely bunny really cute

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger