***HOMESPUN HEARTS***


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Boxes, Vanity and Happy Snowman

I really like boxes. 
Pretty boxes and cases. 
Love them!
I have a vintage Vanity Case which had been unused and decided it would make a pretty container for some of my ribbon collection. I prettied up the outside with some silk ribbons.




Here is a view of the inside



Previously I had them in here



Would you like a peek into another drawer?



I don't have lots of over dyed threads but they do live nicely in my shaker boxes :-)



The 'utensil' tool drawer 



This drawer WIP and charts / kits I really want to do



That though is how it was! I had decided with not stitching to have a change of furniture and sold my lovely big chest of drawers. I have now got new homes for everything……..well, everything that I have sorted through up to now. I still have lots to box up and put away - organised and prettily how I like it.  But,  at the moment it is stashed neatly in bags awaiting me having the time to make a mess again in order to be tidy!  I did VERY nearly decide to not have my stitching things anymore as I do not have much room to store things for my hobby, especially a hobby that was abandoned! However, my Mum made me see sense (thank goodness) and advised me not to be hasty as 'one day'... I would wish I hadn't and I would feel like stitching again. I hoped to find 'that' day.  Over the last four years I have bought myself the odd chart I have really fancied,  hoping that one of them would be the one to kick-start me.

Alas, mostly through lack of time etc, nothing quite did beyond me admiring it. THEN just the other night,  I was looking through my blog links and visited the Shepherd's Bush Blog to check if it was updated. I am pleased I did as the ladies have put a link to a complimentary chart to wish us Happy New Year. I loved the little snowman instantly.  I know I like stitching SB designs, I knew he wouldn't take me long and I knew I had some nice pins to use :-)) 

So here is my ' Happy Snowman' living in a nice pink world with a,  ahem , shall we say not my best ever finish (to my minds eye) as I had no cardboard to use. Instead I have used my thickest vilene (interfacing) between the layers to try to stiffen it a bit. I should perhaps have been more patient to get the said mount board but I was not :-) He would have only ended up in a box!  Despite that I think my finish has turned out OK all in all.  He is nice and neat even if his corners are not quite perfect but he is a snowman and not as fussy as me :-) I think moreover I  just gave myself a difficult job without the board.  I hand stitch all my finishes and do not use glue so there was nothing to tug against whilst lacing the back and it kept moving. Pins you say ? Ah well, WORKING pins,  they are tucked away in a yet to be sorted bag. I couldn't possibly use the 'posh' pins!

Anyway,  for a bit of a practice run,  for a very out of practice me,  I am quite delighted with him and even more delighted I have had so much fun stitching and finishing the whole thing.  Thank-you Shepherd's Bush ladies Tina and Teri :-))

HAPPY SNOWMAN 
WITH HIS LACY SNOW CLOUDS




THE REVERSE


Design By : Shepherd's Bush

Fabric: Silkweaver Still Waters Iced Pink 32ct
Threads I used: GAST S/S Brethren Blue, GAST S/S Parchment, GAST S/S Briar Rose, GAST Pink Azelea, Crescent Colours: Desert Mesquite, Rain Shower, WDW: Onyx, DMC: 839
Buttons : Snowflakes and Tiny heart JANBC
Backing Fabric: 'Snow Wonderland' in Grey by Whimsicals for Red Rooster fabrics.

 Bush Blog link to the top left on my Blogs To Visit list. 

Until next time, happy stitching and thank-you for visiting





8 Comments:

Anonymous Cécile said...

It's time you stich a lot with all the stash you have :)

4:02 pm  
Blogger Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a beautifully organized space you have! I love the case for your ribbons! The snowman piece turned out great!

5:19 pm  
Blogger valerie said...

Love your craft space and storage. So organized! Your snowman piece came out great! One would never know you had difficulty putting it together. Great job!

6:00 pm  
Blogger Carol said...

Love that snowman!

1:55 am  
Blogger Karoline said...

Cute Snowman :)
It's lovely to 'see' you around again

7:18 am  
Blogger Annie said...

I just saw the snowman finish on the smalls blog and had to drop over for a closer look. That is absolutely adorably right down to that backing!

Glad you aren't here to see the insides of drawers at my place. You'd think a hurricane had blown through! Yours are amazing!

12:12 pm  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Now Helen, with results like that...why would you even consider not to stitch?
Your Mum is right headed! Listen to her :) And Su...she's not stitching much at all either :( I need to come over there and talk some sense into both of you!

2:16 pm  
Blogger CrossedPawsDesign said...

My passion for cross stitch is taking over my home and so I loved peeking into your chest of drawers. Each drawer was so tidy and full of really pretty things. I loved the boxes, bags and the case full of ribbons.

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker

Powered by Blogger